Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

My 14 year old Joshua signed up to join the school soccer team recently. The team is newly formed and made up of children that have never played soccer before. They had a week of training together, (some of them had never kicked a soccer ball.) Their first game was yesterday.

They played a rather good team who obviously had more experience in playing soccer and playing together. The opposing team scored 4 goals and beat Joshua’s team, which scored nothing. I was in the stands watching all of this embarrassing defeat. I encouraged Joshua to keep his head up and that as the team continues to practice together they will eventually learn to play well as a team.

Pastor Jackson Senyonga

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Senyonga! I just saw your blog for the first time! Tell Joshua I'm thinking of all those playground "soccer" games at school when his shoe flew off and I'm smiling :) Glad he finally gets to play and w/ patience they will get better. Tell all the kids and Eve I said hello and miss them! I bet they are all so tall now! Post a picture! Sending my love--Mrs. Andrews

background