Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Straight from the mouth of Natalie on the Uganda Experience

Hear what Natalie Caminiti has to say about her time in Uganda:

I went because of the overwhelming need broke my heart. The idea alone of a 20 year war broke my heart not to mention the atrocities that Ugandans are living with as a result of the war. Poverty breaks my heart, and so does 10 percent of the world's orphans living in a country the size of the state I live in.

I thought to myself, hey I'm single without children why can't I take care of some kids who need love? I can only imagine what it must be like to bare a child, but it must feel a lot like being vulnerable enough to feel as if you would do anything to protect life and that's how I feel when I think of the orphans I've met there. I just can't fathom the hurt they have felt in their short lives.

I Ultimately went with the intention to "do good works by my faith," but instead of only being broken for the people of Uganda, I instead became broken for people back home (or in the Western world) because we are so caught up in materialism and schedules and selfishness. We miss the feeling of true community, the blessing of a simple life and the feeling of gratefulness, especially for the small things.

I've been forever changed by my experience and will continue to return as long as God allows.

Consider joining Natalie to Uganda for our summer short term mission trips, “Transforming Uganda 2010.”

Let me know if you are interested.

Pastor Jackson Senyonga
Christian Life Ministries

0 comments:

background