Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Alaska

Thank you for your prayers regarding my trip to Alaska. I am so glad that God called me to Alaska, it was not nearly as cold as I expected it to be!

When I landed Saturday, I had very little time to rest before I met with a group of mission trip participants for this summer. They will be building our orphan village a lavatory and hopefully a computer lab. We are so excited for their time there! Praise God!

Sunday, I spoke during two services at South Tongass Alliance Church with Pastor Cade King. Also, during my trip, I interviewed with a local radio as well as a newspaper. Monday evening, I spoke at a special event where there was standing room only. I was allotted a 15 minute slot to speak, but I really stretched the limits when I spoke for 20 minutes! Don't they know I can't speak for only 15 minutes? It is not in my nature! :)

God was definitely present during my stay in Alaska. All speaking events and interviews were powerful. If that wasn't proof enough, the sun was out the whole time I was there, which according to the locals is rare. They invited me back if I promised to bring the sun again. :)

Blessings,

Jackson Senyonga

0 comments:

background