Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I am back in the United States!

The flight touched down Friday, and I am officially back in the United States from my trip to Uganda. I am feeling much jet lag, but all in all, I am excited to be back. It had been so long since I had visited Uganda, almost 2 years! The three months I spent there was busy yet refreshing. The atmosphere and culture in Uganda is much different than here, and now that I have been back a few days, I realize how much I miss that. There, I am placed in front of enthusiastic audiences, people that are eager to learn about and speak to God! People that are overly eager to feel the Spirit! It is so much fun to speak to a Ugandan audience. This is part of the reason I encourage pastors here to visit Uganda and to speak there. It will truly change you in a great way.

I will be returning to Uganda around Easter for another trip. I am excited to return again so soon, but for now, I am enjoying the change of pace in the United States.

One thing that has been nice since I have been in the States, mostly because I took the weekend to recuperate, is the quiet. I feel like for the last three months, I have been working 24 hours a day! It was work that I love and that I feel passion for, so it was not burdensome, but it was hard, busy work nonetheless! In Uganda, the entire time I was there, I was always in touch with someone… My presence was always requested by someone. And if you think I am joking about 24 hour work day, there were some sermons that started around dinner time and lasted until sunrise the next morning! I am not joking!! Time flew as it was lively and fun and His presence was known, but the next days those hours of lost sleep catch up to me! I will make a point to fill you all in on everything that was accomplished and needs that were discovered while I was in Uganda. Keep posted!

Blessings,

Pastor Jackson Senyonga
Christian Life Ministries

0 comments:

background