Thursday, December 31, 2009

Uganda Update #3 -- A Must Read! -- Friday through Wednesday Night of Week 1

Friday Nights’ Church Service

The Friday after I arrived in Uganda, the Friday before Christmas, I attended a church gathering. Over 10,000 people were in attendance! Praise Him! The service ended up lasting from 7pm to 6am!

When I walked in, I unintentionally interrupted the services. Members of the choir stopped and ran down to greet me. People from all around gathered to give hugs and hellos. I would have to say that even though I have experienced so many amazing things while at Christian Life Church, this moment will remain in my mind as one of the most memorable for me. In an odd way, this moment made me feel more humbled than ever!

It was a night (and morning) of intense worship and celebration. We had a top national gospel artist in house to make the evening strong and powerful. I talked, preached, shared stories, and prayed for people. We prayed and prayed and prayed! I preached and preached and preached. I could really see what I was missing while away. How powerful it was to see thousands of people worshipping and praying in a house of God. If I had to count the hugs, I would have to say that I got at least 2009 hugs for the year 2009, and I can only imagine what will happen in 2010! I was overwhelmed by god’s love and what He’s doing in our church. I was humbled and reminded of what God is doing on the ground and how to strengthen Him and move forward!



Tuesday Night w/ the Evangelism Team

Tuesday night, I met with a group of energetic evangelism team members and church planters. I expressed how proud I was to see how much they had done in my absence and my confidence in their capability to start so many new works. We set forth a continued plan of soul searching. We are invigorated and ready to turn so many more hearts to God.



Work with TOP Radio

I have spent quite a few hours this trip strengthening mass communication efforts via our radio station, TOP Radio. We are working for better reach and more conversion. I would love to invite some of our missions team to help this aspect of our ministry while in Uganda. Any takers?



Wednesday Night Service

I am just flabbergasted at how many new and interesting people I have met while here. Tonight was no different. I taught evening classes, spoke at the services, and taught some more.



I will write more about the Christmas celebrations when I get time. I have to prepare for the New Years Eve Celebration!! I am so excited for this!! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! I LOOK FORWARD TO PRAYING FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!

0 comments:

background