Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Fellowship with Pastor Wade Pope.

Before the Sunday evening service Eve’s and my host Pastor Chris Phillips, of River of Life, drove us 30 minutes away to visit another friend of ours, who is Pastor Phillips’s father in law, Pastor Wade Pope who pastors Grace Community Church in Beulaville. I first visited this church in April of 1993. My first born was a baby then, only a few months old. This was also when I first came to America. In 93 after Wade took me in, he introduced me around, and he gave me some contacts including Pastor Chris Phillips. He believed in the vision that God had given me before it became Christian Life Ministries. He visited Uganda with my wife Eve and I, ever since then we have shared so many meals, stayed in his beautiful home, and just enjoyed the brother’s spirit as well as a father-son spirit relationship. It is always good to hear the wisdom of wise men especially those that have served the lord long enough to make it to their 70 year old mark. Pastor Wade has served on our board for many years and he continues to be a great influence and advisor to what God is doing in our lives.

Later that night Pastor Wade came on the microphone at the service and mentioned that when I was with them in 1993 God used our time together to change the direction of the church; he felt the same thing happened that same Sunday night. After service we visited with Pastors Wade and Jim Pope along with Pastor Chris Phillips and had pizza and fellowship.

0 comments:

background