Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reforestation Project in Uganda

I recently read this article, and it made me excited. It is about a reforestation project that recently was approved in Uganda that has been named as a carbon dioxide emissions reducer under the Kyoto Protocol and will be funded by World Bank’s BioCarbon Fund.

This news is exciting to me because I see great potential for Uganda. First, the project will, as stated, reduce carbon emissions, keeping the air of Uganda clean. Second, of course, the natural forest area will keep Uganda beautiful and be home to wildlife and plants. Third, which is a big one, this project will create approximately 700 new jobs for Ugandans. Fourth, this project will bring money to Uganda’s economy. Fifth, this project will help Uganda meet its need for wood without continuing to deplete forests. A beautiful, clean country with a blossoming economy may lead to more tourism, etc. that will also bring money to Uganda’s economy. More money for the economy means more families can afford education, medical care, etc. I know I am leaping into the future, but I see this as a gateway into a beautiful future for Uganda, which is just what we have been aiming for!

To read the full article, go to http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/oct2009/2009-10-06-01.asp

Pastor Jackson Senyonga
Christian Life Ministries

My personal page: http://www.jackson-senyonga.org

0 comments:

background