Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Last Weekend

Last weekend was one of many special moments. It was the first time I was being introduced to a new pastor and his ministry. Before I spoke, he introduced me with a joke. He mentioned that he was taking a risk by having me speak, having never heard me before. He said that he trusted his good friend, who did know of me, but if I spoke badly, it was not his fault, it was the fault of his trusted friend! As I started to speak, I wanted to break the ice a bit myself, so I also opened with a joke! I asked the people in attendance to act African while I was speaking! Many Africans are very enthusiastic in response to a message; they clap, are very vocal, etc. I told them, if they did this, I would do great, but if they did not, I was going to do lousy! If I was lousy, I told them, it wasn’t my fault, it was theirs! Amazingly, God came in and we had a blast!

0 comments:

background